Nubi Cooks: Vegetarian Lasagna
Hey guys! This is the most impromptu post ever, but it comes as a major request! I made a vegetarian lasagna last night and shared the entire process via Instastories! Tons of you were so invested that you needed the recipe ASAP! Well, here you go!
1 cup of diced Onion
1/2 cup of diced Carrots
1/2 cup of diced Celery
1 tablespoon of minced Garlic
1 12 oz bag of Quorn Meat-less & Soy-Free Grounds
1 14.5 oz can of petite diced tomatoes
1 24 oz jar of pasta sauce
1 cup of vegetable broth
1 cup of Ricotta cheese
1 cup of Mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp of basil paste
Oven ready lasagna noodles
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
2. Heat a few teaspoons of olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
3. Saute your diced vegetables for 5-10 minutes or until they soften.
4. Add the Quorn "meat" and cook per instructions and add the diced tomatoes.
5. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
6. Pour the pasta sauce over the meat mixture. Pour the vegetable broth in the pasta jar, close the lid and shake to dissolve all remaining sauce. Pour mixture into the pan.
7. Season with basil, thyme and oregano.
8. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes
9. Prepare the cheese sauce by combining all three cheeses, eggs, basil paste and salt and pepper
10. Assemble in an 8x11 casserole pan by layering in this order: meat sauce, lasagna noodles, cheese sauce, meat sauce, lasagna noodles, cheese sauce and be sure to end with meat sauce. Top it all with a mixture of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
11. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and back for 40-50 minutes. Remove the foil and then bake for another 10 minutes.
If you try this out, be sure to let me know how much you love it!!!