And the Award Goes Too....
ME!!! I think... I, really, have NO idea, but the amazing Shavonda at A Home Full of Color, nominated me for a Liebster Award!!!!
I've gotten so much love and encouragement from so many lovely people lately, but to even be considered for such an honor is more than humbling. Shavonda is such a sweetie and this little gesture just makes me love her even more.
For those of you who don't know, a Liebster award is nominated to new bloggers, by new bloggers. Its a great way to discover newbies in the blogosphere and spread the love.
But being nominated comes with a bit of responsibility. I have to:
1. Answer 11 questions posed by the person who nominated me.
2. Post 11 facts about myself
3. Nominate 5-11 bloggers
4. Tell them that they have been nominated
5. Create a list of 11 questions for the nominees to answer
So here I go!
11 FACTS ABOUT MYSELF
1. I'm a middle child. I have two sisters and they both barely break 5' tall. I got lucky...standing at 5'8".
2. My thumbs are double jointed.
3. In school, I was a genius in math, but couldn't spell worth a damn. (thank goodness
for spell check!)
4. Before I pursued my design degree, I majored in physical therapy (what was I thinking?!?)
5. I've lived in Arkansas, Texas, Missouri & Tennessee (temporary & permanent addresses) all within the past 2 years.
6. I haven't had great experiences with pets. As a kid, my sisters and I had a couple fish,
a bird or two and some really horny hamsters. As an adult, I was a dog owner for
about 2 weeks...it didn't work out.
7. I'm slightly OCD, but I have major problems with procrastination & time management. Ironic? I like to think so.
8. I'm slowly developing an addiction to yoga...and Haagen-Dazs pistachio ice cream.
9. My husband and I have one of the most interesting stories of how
we met and got to the place we are now. It's, actually, the reason I started blogging.
Check out the beginning of the series about it here.
10. I'm a really cheap date...2 drinks and I'm a really happy girl!
11. I have bad habit of comparing myself to others, and sometimes, it depresses the hell out of me. But, somehow, I miraculously recall something my dad used to say to me: "You are better than nobody else; but, there's nobody better than you."
11 QUESTIONS ASKED OF ME
1. If you could live anywhere other than where you do, where would it be? I'd love to get away from all of America's hangups and move away to France or London, but I'm not that adventurous. I'd probably choose somewhere near Dallas, TX. It's a big city with small town feel; lots of my family lives there; they have several professional sports teams; Six Flags is just down the road; my business would thrive there!
2. What is your biggest fear? My biggest fear is my husband not making it home one day. I was a totally independent woman in my former life, but being married to the person that is equivalent of your right hand (if you're right handed), and then losing them, would be completely disabling.
3. If you could give your 18 year old self any single piece of advice, what would it be? Live a little!!!
4. What's your favorite spot in your home? My side of the bed.
5. If you have an unlimited budget, what would be the craziest luxury you'd add to your home? Well, first, I would buy a home. Anything after that is a luxury.
6. If you could meet any famous person, past or present, who would it be? Anyone who would let me design their space and use it in my portfolio!
7. If you could take a luxury vacation anywhere in the world, where would it be? Either Italy or Greece.
8. What's your favorite food? Least favorite? My favorite food bread of any nature: sliced bread, corn bread, yeast rolls, bread sticks, croissants, pancakes, donuts, cinnamon rolls, etc. I don't have a least favorite food...I'll eat almost anything.
9. What's something you've always wanted to do, but haven't had the courage to do. Model professionally.
10. What project on your to do list has been the biggest thorn in your side? Getting my online store up, open and running!
11. Pepsi or Coke? Coke all day!!!
WHO I'M NOMINATING
I love checking in on these ladies and seeing what they're up to. You guys should definitely check them all out.
WHAT I'M ASKING
1. What was your last dream about?
2. What's your favorite color?
3. What was the last thing you made for dinner?
4. Who inspires you most?
5. If you could change anything about your life right now, what would it be?
6. Who is your favorite Kardashian?
7. What "non-living" thing would you save if your house was on fire?
8. What was the last thing you DIY-ed? Did you post about it?
9. What's the first thing you do when you open your eyes in the morning?
10. Why did you start a blog?
11. Where were you when you found out that you were nominated for a Liebster Award?
Thanks again, Shavonda!!! It's been a while since I've had to use this much of my brain!